Thursday, March 31, 2011

College is Fun! (?)

Well, it's definitely been a little bit since I've posted last. I'd apologize, but I don't think there's anyone actually reading this anyways.

I was planning on writing a movie review on Limitless a while back. I still might. However, it's been out for a while. Really quick general thoughts, it's good. Makes you question how you feel about using performance enhancing drugs (aka steroids). I'll try and get that review up sometime soon.

So, I have a lot to talk about today. College, goals, writing, and other stuff I'm sure. So, let's just start with college.

College. Is awesome. It's a no BS deal. No special treatment to the jocks. (Not that there are any, it's a community college.) But it's so much more freedom and responsibility- which I personally love. I hate the high school teachers because they baby everyone. If you don't get an assignment done on time, you can go to the teacher, put on a puppy dog face, say the dog ate my homework, and you get an extra day to turn it in. Here, you turn it in. No exceptions. If you're absent on a day something is due. You can't turn it in. Call me crazy, but I love it.
Also, I don't even have class until 11 every day (except for Tuesdays, which start at 8am) and I don't even have school on Fridays.
You know how they say that even though you're only in class for a few hours a day, but you study the rest of it? Well, they're right. That's okay though. Because I like being able to control my own learning. You learn the stuff in class during a lecture. Take notes and all that jazz. Then you go and do the assignments and study and it's up to you to learn it.
People I tend to not like- (The whimpy-I-need-help-doing-everything-plus-a-reminder-everyday-that-I-have-assignments-due-I-want-special-treatment kind of people) Don't survive college. Generally, they just don't go. It's nice. All the people here care about being here. At least most of them.

Okay, on to the next topic. Goals. Life goals. School goals. Lots of goals. I love them. You know it. Secretly, you love them too. If you don't, you should. Currently, I've got a few goals in mind.
1) Get a car. I need a car kind of bad, now that I'm in college and all. It's really annoying to get a ride from my parents and take the bus and all that. Not that I want to park on campus, I'm not insane. However, having a car would be nice.
2) Get straight As this term. Call me crazy, but I think I can do it. Most of my classes seem a whole lot easier than my IB classes in high school. (Oh, I got a 3.8 last trimester! The only B was in my one non-IB class.)
3) Figure out what to do in life. If I like my engineering class, I might start looking at that. However, right now I'm looking at getting two associate's degrees- one in management, and the other in accounting. Then transfer to O(regon)SU to get a bachelor's in accounting. Do you know how much financial managers make a year? A lot. Like 100 grand a lot. And being a financial manager can basically guarantee me a job anywhere. Or at least some sort of management job. Fact: The general population cannot keep themselves organized without an appointed manager. I really like management, and after looking at the classes required for accounting, that looks pretty interesting too.
Then I'll start a custom car shop with Mr.Wonderful and I'll do all the management stuff for that as well as work on interiors and pinstriping. All the intricate detail-y stuff. At least that's the plan for now.

My next topic seems to be a reoccuring one. For obvious reasons. Writing. Do you know how excited I'm getting for JulNoWriMo this year? It's kind of insane. Besides the fact that I want summer to get here so I can go on the cruise. I really want to start writing my novel for JulNo. So, this year. I'm planning.
That's right. Actually planning. The entire novel. (Hopefully.) That way - because I'm missing 5 days at the start of the month - I won't fall behind and die.

And the final topic is NaBloPoMo. I think I'm going to try it again in April. Which means I have to start posting tomorrow for it. Am I crazy? Is it even possible for someone to do this? I feel like I'd have to get up and post before school every day. And weekends it will be particularly hard to post every day considering I get home at midnight every night. :/ Should I do it????

No comments:

Post a Comment