Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hd's Psgy Nts

Tdy, m gng 2 tk abt psgy nts nd hw shthnd stl cm 2 b. Gnrly, I dnt tp my psgy nts lk ths, I wrt thm out by hnd nd thn trnslt thm n2 eng ltr.

Did you understand that? I'm proud of you if you could. Here's the translation:

Today, I'm going to talk about my psychology notes and how my shorthand style came to be. Generally, I don't type my psychology notes like this, I just write them out by hand and then translate them into English later.

Now try reading lots of psychology terms in the same language. Rchdta, qltv rsch, rflxvty. My favorite: isss (issues).

So, short hand became obsolete when college students could afford a laptop to take to class and back. So they didn't have to worry about not being able to write fast enough. Now, however, shorthand is moving into the high school world. It's easier to write the notes out for outlines of chapters when you have free time in class and then type them up later, than to do them later at home. Makes sense, people tend to be more motivated to do homework at school than at home.

I really don't have any where I'm going with this topic, I just figured I'd let you know that shorthand isn't gone. And it's kind of crazy. People who can write in legit short hand with little lines and circles and dots are very awesome.

It's NaBloPoMo day 2!!!! Yay! Hopefully this will continue.... also I hope I don't run out of ideas. If you want to give me something to talk about, let me know in a comment. (Awkward plug to try and get people to comment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment