Monday, July 12, 2010

Reading Disney's Lord of the Fish

Well, I think the title just sums up my day.
With the huge motivation streak I had yesterday, I successfully cleaned my room. A lot. My closet is completely clean, and I managed to get the corner of doom clean. (If you've been in my room you might understand.)

So I now have a TV player and a VCR in my room. So I've been watching old VHS tapes. These mostly being old Disney tapes: Tarzan, Hercules, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. I am currently watching Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, for the first time, commercial free, in a very long time. Because we only own it on VHS. I think I am going to go garage sale-ing (is that a word?) and find Mulan and The Beauty and the Beast and other old awesome movies I don't own. And maybe a few replacements for the worn out ones.

The fish thing is another reward for cleaning my room. Because my closet is unimaginably clean now. I am going to get a betta fish later today (hopefully) or tomorrow at some point. I am so excited. I've missed having fish since I had to get rid of the last ones. I think it would be a really cool thing to have. Like a huge tank with lots of awesome fish. But I'm going to settle for a Betta fish right now. Male of course. They're really pretty and bright.

I've also had the huge urge to read a lot right now, and I think I'm going to actually start a reading list, because it's just getting so long. I don't know how much more I can keep in my head.

All right, back to Lord of the Rings and writing.

Oh, and a JulNoWriMo update:
I'm almost at 36k. I lowered my goal to 75k (I don't remember if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but whatever) instead of 100k because I'm just too busy. I'm ahead for a few days, but I would like to have 50k by the time Byron gets back on the 14th (in 2 1/2 days!) so I should probably start writing a little more than I am at the moment.

Okay, now back to LotR and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment