Saturday, July 24, 2010

Living Life to the Max

Wow, I've been gone for a while... Geez... Sorry, I didn't realize time was passing by so fast.
I have been having a blast though, doing a little of this and a little of that. I'll just go through some of the important things. Warning, this could be a particularly long post.
Friday: Well, it took me forever to get to sleep the night before, so I did this whole trip on about four hours of sleep. Just keep that in mind.
I woke up around 3:30AM and Byron, his cousin, and his dad picked me up around 4:15AM so we could get to the Pony Trails, about 4 hours away, on time. It was a little weird getting hungry for what I would consider lunch, as it was my second meal of the day, around 8 or 9AM instead of about 2PM or later.
This event proved itself worthy of the four hour drive within seconds, however. There were about 400 Mustangs in total. Some really nice old ones as well as some brand spankin' new ones. Byron's car didn't stand out very much in this crowd. Which is saying something.
We drove another 2 1/2 hours North on the Pony Trails which made our journey home about 6 1/2 hours. Plus the hour or two we got stuck in traffic. Which brings our total hours in the car on Friday to about 14 or 15 hours.
Saturday: Well, nothing really huge happened on Saturday. It was Katie's last day here, so Byron spent his time with her, while I enjoyed my time alone in the house. I mostly just played piano and sang as loud as I could the whole time. We washed Byron's car and detailed it a little to get ready for the show the next day.
Sunday: Well, this time I got to sleep by 10 or 11 the night before, so I had an extra hour or two of sleep compared to Friday. We left at about 4:30AM this time. However I woke up at about 3AM and couldn't get back to sleep. So... yeah. This show was possibly the most amazing moment of my life. There were about 1000 Mustangs at this thing all told.
Best part? Steve Saleen was there. THE Steve Saleen. I met him. He signed my jacket that I bought while I was there. I hardly let it out of my sight anymore.

The next few days were a bit blah. To be honest, I don't really remember what went on. We washed Byron's car at one point. Totally detailed it and everything. Watched some movies. Went to PSI. Don't really remember anything too specific actually. I feel like a bit of a bum because of it.

As far as JulNoWriMo, I am at about 59k. Everything's doing pretty good.

I should post my first book review soon. Most likely it will either be on Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Leviathan or The Red Pyramid, which is Rick Riordan's newest book. I'm also reading a couple other books. So it's just a race to see which book is the most entertaining and attention grabbing.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment