Tuesday, July 6, 2010

DMV Clichés

Today, I passed another test into adulthood. I survived the DMV.
Yes, I also got my drivers license, which I am ecstatic about, but I find the fact that I survived the DMV with a smile on my face the whole time much more amazing.

All in all, it actually wasn't too bad. The written test was very easy and simple. Mostly just logic, and some was knowing what the DMV wanted you to say. The driving test was even easier, because I live in the city (suburbs to you HUGE city people) and I'm used to driving on freeways and high traffic areas, but I took it at a DMV that is not even near a freeway. So that was simple, though apparently I speed up too much when changing lanes... That's what I was taught in driver's ed. though, which is run by the state... Government, can't live with it, can't live without it.

So, the DMV cliché of the people being grumpy and unhelpful I think comes from the people who either A) Go late in the day, when all the people have been working all day or B) Are grumpy and unhelpful themselves. I went at 8:00 AM which is only 30 minutes after the DMV opens, and everyone was rather cheery. So, that's not my problem until I have to renew my license.

And a JulNoWriMo update:

I did not reach 20k yesterday, I didn't even reach 18k. My brain shut down on me, so that didn't work out to well. I just took a break from writing, and hopefully, I'll get back in the swing of things and be a total beast at writing today. I would like to get 23k minimum, and hopefully 25k, which is a total of 7k for me today. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment