Monday, July 5, 2010

JulNoWriMo '10

I figured I'd kick off a blog today, because I'm busy procrastinating from writing. Even though my new world is extremely intriguing. And PlotZilla is taking over my mind. Don't know what JulNoWriMo is? Don't know what PlotZilla is?

Well, here's some vocabulary you're going to need to know:

JulNoWriMo: stands for July Novel Writing Month. It's where a whole bunch of crazy writers all get together and everyone tries to write 50,000 words in a month. Some go for a higher goal, like me, I'm going for 100k. Some people I know are even crazier and are going for 200k+

Plot Bunny: I constantly have people ask me what this is. It's a little story idea that you have. I don't know why it's called a plot bunny but I assume it has something to do with the rate they produce other little plot bunnies.

PlotZilla: Short for Plot Godzilla, the name I have given the idea that I got a couple days ago. He's sent from heaven to make my JulNo '10 a whole lot easier to write.

So, a lot of us procrastinate by writing somewhere else. Like I am right now. I'm currently at around 16.5k and am hoping to get around 20k by the end of the day, which is in 5 hours. So I am going to stop procrastinating now, and go build a world.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I saw your blog on the forums, 'cause I'm a stalker like that and also we post in the same thread. *coughcough* I just wanted to say, good luck with PlotZilla and worldbuilding--it sounds like great fun! :D

    ReplyDelete