Monday, October 18, 2010

Random School Day #3/ Rant #1: Procrastination

I'm at school. Again. And I'm done with my stuff before everyone else. Again.

Well, I figured since I'm sitting here waiting for class to end because I have nothing to do because all my homework is done, I'd start a series of rants. Today's rant will be on procrastination. Because over the past years of my life, I have procrastinated, but lately I've found the benefits of not procrastinating.

I've never actually understood procrastination. Even when I procrastinated. I never understood it. Why do people procrastinate in the first place? It just all piles up and you have to do it later. Why make things harder on yourself when they're easy if you don't procrastinate?

I think, in my mind, I equate it to getting drunk to drink away problems. Ignoring your problems will never make them go away. If anything, it makes them worse. So why do that to yourself?

Honestly, procrastinating is just a short-term enjoyment that results in long-term stress. What do you do when you procrastinate? Watch TV? You could watch it later, or do math homework while you watch it. Hang out with friends? Well, they probably have homework or things to do as well. If they choose to procrastinate, that's their choice. That shouldn't influence how you do things. If they don't want you to succeed. Why are you friends with them?

Procrastination is bad. Don't do it. It's like a drug. Addictive and it will ruin your life. Get out now while you can.

Note: I'm actually posting this really late at night because class ended right before I posted it.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment