Monday, October 4, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Well, I found them. My 2010 New Years Resolutions that is. And there are 10 of them.
I have 88 days left and I have completed 7, failed 1, and I have 2 more that I could potentially finish. One is to finish The Burning Castle. The other is to regain the flexibility I once had.

I think 7 out of 10 is already not that bad. It's a passing grade in school. However, unacceptable in my mind. I can at least get an 8 out of 10 by regaining my flexibility. Completing The Burning Castle will be difficult to complete for many reasons.

For one, when I started the novel, my life was very different. I was much younger and I knew so much less. Now I feel that if I were to write a novel, I would want more substance in my novel than what it has the potential to be right now. I'm not sure if this is a goal I even want to complete anymore. Is it worth it to complete a goal you no longer want?

Well, for now, I'll go for an 8 out of 10. Maybe I can waive that one goal, because I don't feel like that goal is something I want to complete anymore. So 8 out of 9. That's pretty good right? Not as good as I could have done, but I can't change the past. So, I'll just learn from my mistakes and do better next time I guess.

On another random note, there's only 88 days left in the year! I feel like it was only a couple months ago that I sat down and wrote these goals.

Well, enough of that. I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment