Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Homework, Homework, Homework

So, I have this tagged with a bunch of labels because it just relates to so many topics. School, goals, and a little NaNoWriMo even. And some extra special news.

Today, homework is the bane of my existence. I have a lot of it. Why am I on here do you ask? Because I did homework from 3:30 to 6:30 and I'm finishing up a little break. Then right back to work. I have a lovely little book called Ishmael to finish up and write stuff on. Thank goodness that's not due until October 20th. But we have to have it read by tomorrow. I have about 50 pages to go. The real big one is finishing up my IB Environmental Systems and Societies lab. I already know I won't be getting that good of a grade, but because he won't accept anything late on this assignment I can't take more time to make it even better.

Also, I have the second half of a Jekyll and Hyde test tomorrow and an IB Calculus test. Can't you just feel my excitement overflowing? No? Didn't think so.

So, my goal is to get a 4.0 this year. Which, with all my IB classes, shouldn't be as hard. But if I can, I'll get straight A's, which is the equivalent of a 4.4 GPA. Which is amazing. Especially for me. So far, I'm well on my way to this.

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is coming up in less than a month and the hype is starting to build online as well as offline. For those who are unsure as to what this particular event is, there is a link under writing links in the sidebar. (It should be to the right of this post and down a little.) And I'm debating whether I a) have the capability of doing this this year and b) if I should even try it. I'm still thinking through what I'm going to do. But I think I'm just going to be support and help for all those NaNo-ers out there.

And the extra special news is that we have our new exchange student! She is from Ukraine and her name is Stephania. (I know it's not spelled right, I'll be correcting myself later.) I've already accomplished learning squirrel in Russian. So that brings my squirrel language count up to 6 languages.

Anyways, back to homework. This has taken way too much of my time as is.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the other exchange student? Or is she someone else's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She and my dad didn't really get along... so she's with someone else now.

    ReplyDelete