Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What is This Planning You Speak Of??

Well, in efforts to actually accomplish this novel writing and finishing process, I am actually planning an entire novel before writing it. I've never took it to actually plan an entire novel I'm seriously in to writing before writing it. It's weird.

But, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. The fact that I know what's going to happen is almost building my anticipation to write the novel.

As far as outlining and everything goes, I'm combining lots of different techniques I've been taught over the years as well as adding my own ideas. It's really fun to see how it all fits together. And actually taking time to get to know my characters before starting to write about them.

I took a few days to free write and figure out what's going to happen and got it all down on paper. And figure out who the characters are piece by piece.

I know this is a bit of a short post, but I'll discuss how I plan more later on. I'm just heading back to writing now. It calls to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment