Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Grammar Nazi Rant

UPDATE 5/29: Please pray for this girl and I am not saying anything against this girl and I am worried about her and I want her to get better! I'm just upset at the declining grammar in this world. Not just this one person who wrote this. Thanks. :)

I'm currently working on a different post that's a lot more in depth and stuff, but I just read something and it made me angry.

So, the background story is apparently a girl got hit on the highway while walking her dog. (Why she was walking her dog on the highway, I'm not sure...) And she got hit by a truck that a teenage boy was driving. I got invited to a Facebook "event" asking me to pray for this girl.
This is the summary of the event on the page:

Please please pray for Stevie Urwin Sandy high school grad in our home town, This poor 19 yr old girl got hit walking the high way here in sandy by 211 by a half ton truck a 15 yr old boy was driving. She was walking her dog she was taken to the hospital. plz "like" this and lets hope for the best for her and her family. plz let me know if u have any ideas on how to help with her and her family thru this tuff situation we are sandy...some went to school with her and some know her via family or friends but lets plz do something about this... she didnt deserve this. Plz contact me with ideas.

Excuse me, but WHAT THE F**K!?!
I have so many problems with this it's not even funny.
What does this even mean?! I mean, I got that this girl was hit by a truck that a 15 year old boy was driving apparently... but WHAT?!
Dear person who wrote this,
YOU ARE ASKING PEOPLE TO PRAY FOR A GIRL WHO GOT HIT BY A TRUCK AND YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL "PLEASE" OUT CORRECTLY! This is a dishonor to her and her family. "Tuff" is not how you spell t-o-u-g-h. "Plz" is not a word. It's spelled "please". If you want people to care about what happened to Stevie the least you can do is take an extra 5 seconds to spell out your words, an extra minute or two to write complete sentences, and use your brain to make sure it makes sense!
I don't know this girl, and I am very sorry for her and I hope that she is okay.
But you are disgracing her by this.
Sincerely,
Heidi

4 comments:

  1. First off let me start out by saying I posted that event on Facebook in which your so concerned about. Grammar really? My spelling and sentence fluency out of the message was your big concern? Not the girl in critical condition and fighting for her life? She was a friend of mine who my town knew and was very fond of. For you to blog about it personally was not only a shock to find but I found it rude and misleading. Why the fuck would u be more god damn concerned with how or why I said what I said and not what the message was really about? I wouldn't call u a writer or blogger at all. For u to have nothing else exciting happen in your life to blog about but this that day. Writing is about creativity and expressing yourself from not only your mind but your heart in black and white print. So I can express my creativity in what ever way I want. Fuck the way I miss spelled words or how many periods I put in the god damn thing. That is not what was the big concern. Yes I'm calling u cold and a poor excuse for a blogger. What your main point was in your blog about mine showed how much of an ass u must be for seeing past what was really said. I was going to be nice about this but you know what? Its people like u who ruin the words "be creative" For others. I would like u to remove the blog in which you posted about my event completely. If u choose not to I will report your site and have it removed by Google. Prob not a good idea to "copy and paste" words that are not yours to taunt and make fun of for not only your own amusement and popularity of your site but others. Remember that saying that people used to say "If you have nothing nice to say, Don't say it at all?" Well if not u can Google it u have an account so it shouldn't be hard for your smart ass to figure out cause apparently your a human dictionary. Please keep in mind this situation for your future blogs. I hope we don't have to speak again...I don't think next time will be quite as nice as this time. Find things other then Peoples sympathy to blog about. Believe me you don't want me to get more offended or others in our home town to get offended about your "Nazi grammar escapade" This was a sweet girl and you ruined it with clearly not thinking at all when u were typing or reading. Wonder what people would say about you if you got hit by a car while u were walking your dog. Thank u so much for being such a careless bitch :) ~Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all and most importantly, I am not saying that I don't care about this girl. I care very much and I am so sorry that this happened to her. I feel bad for her and she has been in my prayers and I hope that she is okay and she is doing better. If I didn't care at all, I wouldn't have said anything. If you notice I do say that I hope she is okay at the end of the message.

    I'm sorry that I insulted you or her. I will not removing the post though. I'm not violating anything in the rules. So reporting me to Google would be a waste of your time and Google's. I'm sorry that you cannot deal with the fact that you have bad grammar. That's not my problem. Just because I said something that you don't like doesn't mean I should have to do what you say.

    "Being creative" has nothing to do with using bad grammar. In fact, I don't remember insulting anyone's creativity. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with creativity. If you are under the impression that I am insulting your creativity about a post you made about a friend of yours getting hit by a truck. I'm sorry. That just doesn't make sense.

    It has to do with the fact that I am upset about no one being able to spell out words, even when trying to help a friend in need. It's insulting to intelligence. Take time to think before what you say. Especially if it's something important.

    I'm sorry if you did not understand what I was trying to say there. If you have a problem with my blogging and what I decide to talk about, that's your problem not mine.

    Thanks. :)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and another thing.
    The whole "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." It's from a Disney movie.
    Welcome to the real world. It's harsh. Get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of prefer the revised version anyways http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/032706/anything-nice.gif

    ReplyDelete