Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Potentially Insane: Insert Writing Competition Here

Well, as most, if not all, of you know, I participate regularly in writing competitions of some sort. As I was browsing the JulNoWriMo forums today, I found this new WriMo, called Camp NaNoWriMo. And Camp NaNo takes place twice during the summer. Once in June and once in August. They've got the same principle as any other WriMo. Write 50k in a month. Do a happy dance. Move on with life.

So, after considering the fact that I don't even get out of school until the 12th and that I already have way too much planned to possibly write 50k in June. Then another 50k in July. Then possibly another 50k in August. I realized that there is no possible way for me to do Camp NaNo.

So I signed up to do it.

So that's a thing. I also have a number of essays I need to write for school during that time. I'm planning on doing a lot of character and setting development during June so that I'm all prepared for trying to write an actual novel in July. And maybe finish that novel by the end of August.

I also am coming to the fact that I will almost definitely have to kill my favorite character I've possibly ever come up with in either the second or third in this trilogy that has yet to be named. I don't know if I can do it. And if I do, there will be many tears as I write it and if I ever edit it.

So, the post count is most likely going to increase over the summer in my procrastination.

Let the games begin!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey hey me too! You should join our Camp NaNo skype group. Most of the time, at least one person's online, for talking and support and whatnot. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another camper! All the best, and may your marshmallows never melt! (Translation: May your novel be awesome!)

    ReplyDelete