Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ambitious Am I

Well, this is just a little post updating all my ambitions and everything and talking about some recent discoveries about things I can do to be even more ambitious in my life.

Update on Grades:
I didn't get a 4.4 weighted GPA, sadly. I only got a 4.2. So I threw a party anyways. For myself. I think I got some pizzas too.

Update on Job:
I don't remember if this was an original goal I talked about, but it is now. I HAVE ONE! It's at Albertson's and I really really like it. I actually have work today and I'm just whiling away the time until I have to get ready and go.

Update/Discovery 1:
It's becoming a bigger and bigger thing for me to continue to regain flexibility. Also, besides the fact that I just find it awesome to be super flexible, there are many health benifits I didn't consider before. Like less strain on things and healthier joints. Which is a big thing for me because I already have bad knees and hips that sound like popcorn. So that's good. I think I want to have my splits by the end of the school year. And I think it's possible if I continue to stretch as often as I have been.

Discovery 2:
I can go to college now! Not graduate high school early, but go to college now. PCC (Portland Community College) has a program for finishing high school there and getting your diploma as well as taking other classes you can get credits for and work towards an Associate's Degree in whatever. I can basically start college while still in high school. I'm really really excited.

Discover 3:
NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). It's really fun to say, firstly. But secondly, it goes on every month of the year and it's a challenge to post on your blog every day of a month. So you can do just some months of the year. Like if I'm on vacation, I just don't do it that month. There's themes of the posts sometimes. But it looks really cool and I might do that.

Well, I guess I'm going to go get ready for work and head out.
Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd forgotten completely about NaBloPoMo. Might be good to take part in that (because a certain monkey spends a little too much time monkeying around instead of blogging. ^_^;; Now where's my Fanta?
    You wouldn't happen to have the URL to their site by any chance?

    It's great you have a nice job which you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link is http://www.nablopomo.com
    I'll put that in my list of writing links.

    The theme for February is really good and I'll probably try and do that in February...
    I usually don't do any other writing competitions except July because I tend to be so busy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link.

    Yeah, the Feb theme is pretty cool. It's my first time so I don't really know what it means. O.o But it'll be fun giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete