Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Is this thing still on?

Well, hi.

So, you know that whole post once a week thing I was planning? Well that didn't work out to well if you hadn't noticed. I'm going to try and pick that back up. I've been busy though.

Since I last posted I've started some major planning on my JulNoWriMo novel for the year, started a new term, written a couple essays, gotten a gym membership, gone to way too many movies, and read a couple books.

First off, I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I haven't read the second and third in the series, so don't spoil it for me. I've also seen the movie 5 times I think? All with different people and I've only had to pay for myself one of those five times. The thing I've been telling everyone about the movie is that the emotions are real. The short clip of Katniss, Peeta, and Effie all in the car when Peeta is crying is ridiculously realistic. So are all the other crying scenes. Also, Katniss's face when she's cleaning out the burn wound is crazy emotional too. I still won't watch that part.

I believe I saw The Lorax twice as well. I recommend them both. They're great.

I've also gotten a fair bit of headway on my JulNoWriMo novel. Once again, I'm hoping to actually finish a novel. Which may or may not happen. It's called Three Stars, and is basically a prequel to Rising Sun. It's more of an adult novel than previous novels I've worked on. I'm going to have to tackle at least two sex scenes and it's going to be interesting. Not quite sure how that's going to go.

The thing I'm most excited about though is the fact that I got a gym membership! I am really excited to get in shape. I've gone once and I've literally been jumping up and down in excitement to go again. Sadly, I'm busy with lots of other things and can't go all the time. I'll let you know how that's going.

Blogger.com has gotten a new layout since I've been gone, so I'm going to go back and figure that out. There's a button that says schedule and I'm really interested in what that's going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment